IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Responsible for managing IT infrastructure projects including servers, internal communications network migrations and enhancements, network security and helpdesk. Overall accountability for assigned projects, including coordination, status reports, and stability of the project work effort; managing financial, scope, and critical path for assigned projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Coordinate communication with all enterprise areas that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project.
- Utilize and implement project management processes and methodologies for IT that ensure projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet the business expectations
- Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Works directly with partners and clients to determine project scope and specifications.
- Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 6+ years progressively responsible experience
- Familiar with server infrastructure and internal applications like Sharepoint and Outlook.
- Experience managing IT Infrastructure projects for data center, IBM midrange AIX servers, Dell Compellent, virtual Intel servers, Windows Linux server, EMC storage, and network hardware including Cisco, Juniper, F5.
- Knowledge of IT Services including database services, disaster recovery, authentication and directory services
- Experience working closely with IT development teams, IT Technical Services teams, and vendor technical teams.
- Good written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop presentations and present to management
- Basic knowledge and understanding of business principles, practices and procedures
- Functional expertise and fundamental business knowledge to contribute to the strategic direction of the function and supported client group(s).
- MITEL experience is highly preferred.