LAN/WAN Data Engineer
General Purpose and Scope:
You are authentic, like working with people and love technology. As an experienced engineer you will be a key member of our wide area network deployment team with focus on insuring our data core which carries our entire customer base traffic. Our wireless network is complicated with 2G/3G/4G technologies running in multiple countries and your job will be to ensure that our wire area network data core which carries all of our customer’s traffic is as efficient and as fault tolerant as possible. Our customers like their data service to be fast and always on and it will be your responsibility to make sure that they are delighted with our service. Big part of this job is troubleshooting at the routing and switching level, and the ability to come up with creative solutions so if you like wearing your thinking cap this job might be for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implementation of core to edge network architecture and routing protocols on Juniper platforms.
- Operational Support of Data Network including troubleshooting routing and switching issues
- LAN/WAN Responsibilities including IP address management
- Engineering for growth and sustainability of the network.
- Education and training of other individuals within the company regarding network routing.
- Engineering and support of other systems supported by the Data Network Organization.
- Analysis for root cause determination of issues including recommendations for improvements.
- Write, review, and implement Methods of Procedure.
- Working directly with equipment vendors
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Job Entry Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2 years of experience; or Associates Degree and at least 3 years work experience in related field or equivalent related work experience.
- Knowledge of Juniper networks gained through relevant experience, vendor training, and/or college or technical/vocational school coursework.
- Proficient in understanding of TCP/IP and routing protocols to include BGP and MPLS.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to coordinate repair efforts and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts effectively between multiple groups.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Self starter with attention to detail and ability to maintain focus over long periods of time.
- Ability to work on call support as needed.
- Previous experience as Data Network Engineer.
- Experience with SNMP
- Experience with Mobile IP, and L2TP
- Certifications: (JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIP, etc)
- Working exposure to wireless data network deployment.
- Experience with some of the following standards & protocols: Ethernet, BGP, IBGP, OSPF, QoS, CoS, MPLS, VRF, VLANS, and VPNs
- Experience with mobile wireless protocols, specifically CDMA, GSM, LTE, or IS-835
- Certificates/Licenses JNCIS, JNCIP, desired.ire