General Purpose and Scope
Performs comprehensive and technical management of projects working with cross functional teams of subject matter experts in RF engineering, field operations, switch engineering, site development engineering, IT specialists, value added services engineering, transport engineering, real estate specialists, retail/marketing groups, billing specialists, vendor relationships, and executive management supporting construction, installation, turn-up and commissioning of new wireless facilities across multiple technologies (LTE, UMTS/GSM, CDMA/EVDO and GSM) networks in the wireless industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction guidance to cross functional teams and assists in new network and site design
- Provide input to team leads to manage and track goal specific agenda and objectives within a project or group of projects assigned.
- Hold Project Kick-off Calls and write and ensure procedure and policy compliance are being followed as a project plan/s are being developed.
- Review and document quotes and job costs; route for approval work completion for invoice payment and closure
- Coordinate contract agreements between contractor and company; track budget costs and compliance
- Prepare and organize with Vendor’s and Site Development the ordering of material for construction/maintenance of cellular sites
- Direct/perform quality assurance/control audits of projects including planning, design, transport, engineering, inspection, and scheduling
- Review construction, installation and implementation of the projects and plans for such projects
- Determine methods and procedures and provide appropriate recommendations for completion of work
- Meet weekly and hold standing calls with cross functional teams for project implementation and report on the same to provide updates to management and executives as well as team members on the project status
Minimum Job Entry Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and 3 years professional level experience; or 7 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Viso and PowerPoint
- Ability to influence and gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations showing diplomacy within a diverse culture
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead large and/or complex projects
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and take initiative in development and planning of new project activities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment; be decisive and work under pressure particularly when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays
- Ability to travel to project sites and other physical locations on regular basis to attend and present in meetings.
- Ability to identify resources and subject matter experts internally and externally
- Be the Go To Lead for team members to assist with helping them meet their needs,
- Current knowledge of economic and technological developments in wireless industry
- Ability to develop multiple best-cost solutions for problem situations