Database Application Developer
Database Application Developer – MS SQL / MS Access / VBA
Telecommunications Company looking for software developers with Advanced Excel, VBA and SQL development skills to work on an Excel based automatic reporting system linked to PowerPoint dashboards. The role is to consolidate and manipulate disparate data sets and produce reports, dashboards and commentary, whilst also looking at ways to enhance the system by analyzing new data sources and looking at new ways to manipulate the data. You will therefore need advanced technical skills, excellent communication skills and be comfortable working to tight deadlines.
The Access/SQL Developer will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Understand the requirements of telecom engineers with respect to the system that needs to be enhanced/developed.
- Understand the underlying data and relationships in the database design.
- Create, modify and maintain the database architecture as per the given instructions to accommodate the system requirements.
- Design and develop forms to enable users to maintain, process and view data & transactions.
- Design and develop queries for producing canned and ad hoc reports.
- Design and develop macros and VBA scripts to improve functionality and performance.
- Create, modify and maintain various data exports and imports including excel, csv, etc.
- Test the system at each stage of the development phase and identifying bugs in the system and fixing them.
- Provide end user support after the system has been delivered.
- Make necessary modifications to the system on the basis of user feedback and improving the overall usability of the system by providing regular system updates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access/VBA including macros and pivot tables, forms, and reporting.
- SQL Server knowledge to create, modify and maintain relational database.
- Analytical and problem solving skillsGood interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas articulately.
- Self-motivated and directed
- 2+ years of hands on experience developing MS Access/SQL databases
- 2+ years of experience with MS Excel
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus