Director of Data & Reporting
Director, Data & Reporting
The Director of Data & Reporting focuses on strategic development and operation of the BI/data warehousing practice, optimizing processes and technology, and ensuring a high availability BI/data warehouse platform. The Director of Data & Reporting will also work closely with business executives and stakeholders in other departments in order to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support analytics solutions to deliver essential information to satisfy ATN information needs. The individual needs strong depth in business intelligence, data warehouse, and data architecture.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Establish and maintain the overall data strategy and roadmap in collaboration and alignment with the organization. Including the Master Data Management (MDM) of all consumer data.
- Lead and demonstrate accountability for initiatives regarding enterprise information assets and develop methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics.
- Provide analytics and reporting of internal dashboard to meet the needs of various business units including data integration
- Develop high quality business intelligence KPI reporting and analyses that help drive business revenue and monitor data quality
- Manage technology operations and transformation, including business intelligence (BI), advanced analytics, data management, integration, security, enterprise data warehouse (EDW), B2B integration and cloud computing.
- Create enterprise level performance dashboards in Tableau to guide business plans. Create client & vertical level forecasting and highlight client growth opportunities
- Collaborate with business users and technology partners to align platforms and services with key business priorities ensuring products, programs and projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage risks appropriately with proactive mitigation and communication.
- Provide technical guidance and roadmap with regards to automation, security, deployments and support towards a stable, scalable and robust data and analytics platform environment.
- Lead and retain high-performing teams, establishing flexible resource management and capacity planning to address highly dynamic customer needs. Drive Operational excellence and Customer Success via data steward teams.
- Strategic and Technical Management of BI (Business Intelligence), Corporate Finance/Accounting (new GL), Mortgage, Insurance, HRIS, Infrastructure, Cloud hosting and Data integration, SAP/Oracle ERP, and Business Transformation.
- Develop the Technical Strategy, Architecture, ETL, Data Modelling and Analytics for 18-BI Dashboards for Sr. Business Executives, CFO and CIO including recommendations for change.
- Manage System/Data integration, Mergers and Acquisitions, IT Process and Resource integration.
- Ensures compliance with legal and privacy requirements of data.
Knowledge, Capabilities & Experience
- BA/BS in Information Technology/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics or applicable field; (MBA is a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in IT/analytics/ mid management
- Proven experience and success in establishing, maintaining and organizing data needs in a corporate environment to promote an effective data management, transformation and reporting culture.
- Experience in applying advanced data analytics.
- Strong technical background in data and the various tools of data including but not limited too databases, database technologies, warehousing methodologies, ETL tools, MDM, Business Intelligence platforms and ability to implement and measure success of all solutions for continual improvement.
- Strong communication skills to elicit understanding at the executive level, collaboration with peers to define and drive goals and delivery of department solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to prepare, manage and execute on a given budget.
- Proven business and technical leadership in Business Intelligence tools, practices and methodologies.
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge, SQL knowledge a plus.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams, external partners/clients, and managing stakeholders -- Strong cross functional leadership and consensus building
- Complex problem solving skills and ability to work with large amounts of data.
- High energy, motivated self-starter with ability to take direction and manage team’s priorities
- Exceptionally high standards in communicating the results of analysis in a clear and effective manner with demonstrated skill in teaching others.
- Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required