Senior Analyst-IT Systems
General Purpose and Scope
Perform highly complex LAN/WAN (Local Area Network and Wide Area Network) projects involving the design, analysis, maintenance, and implementation of LAN/WAN equipment and networks and perform system administration of microcomputers, specifically on Microsoft operating systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of Windows servers which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Creating, cloning Window Virtual Machines, templates using VMware
- Adding SAN using multipath and creating physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes.
- Involved in applying patches; installing patch bundles on Windows installations and other server management.
- Performed automated installations of operating system using GPO’s.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs , enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Configuration of network equipment for newly built Window servers.
- Active Directory configuration and administration.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting with performance related issues
- Managing disk file systems, server performance, user creation and granting file access and group permissions.
- Design, analyze, maintain and implement LAN/WAN equipment and networks; work on all LAN/WAN installation projects; develop technical policies and procedures regarding LAN/WAN activities.
- Meet with customer representatives to coordinate LAN/WAN installations, and train administrators as needed per project.
- Coordinate assigned service requests to meet requesting department dates within established department standards.
- Responsible for system administration of the LAN/WAN environment as well as microcomputers.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Design, analyze and implement LAN/WAN equipment; design cost effective system configuration that meet the users' needs.
- Administer and maintain the Windows environment
- Maintain and set-up servers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with end users, vendors, and managers.
- Identify and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Define user needs and recommend alternatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Entry Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years professional level experience; or 7 years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience
- Knowledge of Windows operating system; specifically 2008 and 2012 server
- Knowledge of teleprocessing and telecommunications architecture
- Knowledge of local area network concepts and fundamentals
- Knowledge of micro/mini/mainframe computer operating systems
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation
- Strong problem-solving & analytical skills
- Travel required – US and International
- Three of more years’ experience in a large local area network environment designing and analyzing network systems